Monday, July 14, 2008
Down on the Farm (must be sung)
So we went to the original Bob Evans today. For those of you outside of the midwest, Bob Evans is like Cracker Barrel or Denny's. There are so many Bob Evans restaurants in Columbus--you can summon one on a whim at it will appear on the horizon. Today I had to go to Rio Grande (Rio is pronounced with a long "i" like Ohio, don't ask me why) which is about two hours away. I had a meeting at the Madog Center for Welsh Studies at Rio Grande University--southeast Ohio is major Welsh settler territory. Bob Evans was Welsh. They still have the old restaurant and farm, although there wasn't as much to do there as were led to believe. There was a sign in front of the ponies that said "Animals may bite." But Luke is always up for Bob Evans pancakes and Michael eats more sausage than seems possible for a child of his size. The college was quite pretty, but the town is so small that it does not even have a grocery store, Matt and I once again thanked our lucky stars that we landed in Columbus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As are we Matt, as are we.
I went there several times as a kid. It w loads more fun then, but they were one of the few cool places to go, no mallgrounds, rec centers etc to compete with. Glad you liked it, Sausage does make everything better!!!
A
Post a Comment