Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July



















Usually, we spend the 4th with the Martinez family in Granville, but they are spending the summer in Columbia this year. We decided to go to the Granville parade anyway this year, mainly because Matt and I had an overwhelming need to see the "meat royalty" again. I didn't get good pictures this year, but in addition to the usual Licking County Goat Queen and Beef Princess, we also saw the Licking County Junior Rabbit Queen, the Poultry Queen and the Pork Princess. Then we came home and Luke and Michael did their first sparklers with our neighbors. We thought the big fireworks might get rained out, but the weather held, so Matt and Luke and our neighbors Josh and Ethan went to the Westerville fireworks display. It didn't start until 10pm and they didn't get home until almost midnight! I think it was one of the latest nights Luke's ever had, but he had a blast. I'm so glad he didn't inherit my fear of loud noises that left me cowering under beds for most of my childhood Independence Days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad he went & liked it. Son still has his noise thing so we skipped them again. Perhaps next year....
A