Monday, September 14, 2009

First Day of School!

The boys FINALLY went back to school today even if it was only for orientation. First, we went to Michael's classroom and Luke got to visit with his old teacher Molly and show Michael all of the toys. Then we played on the playground for a minute where we ran into Luke's crush Matilda who greeted us with "I'm back and I have a brother now." Then we went to Luke's classroom. Wow, 4-year-old heaven. There's an inclined tumbling mat that Luke and Matilda somersaulted down. Luke and "School" Eli dressed up like pirate knights complete with hook-hands. There's a letter writing center with letters to trace, real envelopes and a mailbox. Luke was especially impressed with the huge rubber mallets that they can use on the play-doh and the teachers promised that they will soon open up a real workbench with real tools! Morning sickness mommy is too preoccupied with not puking to take too many pictures, but I got the requisite backpack and big rock shots.