Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgivings

I didn't take pictures today, although usually I'm pretty good about taking pictures of the boys on Thanksgiving. I was thrown off by an early morning phone call from my aunt. We lost my Grandpa, S.T. Anderson, this morning. Grandpa had been having a rough time for a few weeks, battling pneumonia and he had taken a turn for the worse a couple of days ago. He passed away peacefully in his sleep early this morning. He would have been 103 this December.

On this Thanksgiving, I am thankful. I am thankful that Grandpa went peacefully. I am thankful that he didn't have to spend Thanksgiving day in a nursing facility and instead spent it in Heaven with my Grandma Annie Lou and my dad. I am thankful that my stepmother Carole was able to visit him yesterday morning when he was still lucid and that my aunt Loura made it into town in time to see him last night. I am thankful that we will be postponing the funeral until late next week, so that my cousins and I can get to El Paso.

I am thankful for my wonderful husband and my beautiful boys and the baby in my belly. I am thankful for my wonderfully supportive mommy friends are our great friends from ODU. Truly, we are blessed.

No comments: