It's Valentine's Day and we've been very productive. No school tomorrow, but we are going to a playgroup Valentine's party. I've already assembled and addressed 40 valentines (20 for each kid). Technically, Luke should be signing his own, but there's just so many. On Friday we did his school Valentine exchange and he signed about 6 before he lost interest. Tonight, it was just easier for me to do it. I also made two mailbox-looking-type-receptacles. I'll take pictures tomorrow once the glue is dry--not because they are good, but because I made them at all! I also just took brownies out of the oven. Wow, that's a lot for me considering I've been doing a pretty good impression of a slug the last few months.
Matt's working, too. Yesterday, the boys went to a model train expo, so they are back into trains and vehicles again. I was out at Toys R Us and found a wooden track set on clearance. I wasn't expecting much for the price, but when I assembled it last night, it turned out to be pretty big--it took up our whole coffee table. I originally chose it because it came in it's own storage tub, but after assembling it once, we realized we had no desire to assemble it over and over again. So today Matt went to Lowe's and bought a piece of press board and, as I type, he is gluing the track to it. I bought some paint today and my job begins tomorrow night when I will try to paint some landscape features on the press board. I have no idea where we are going to store this monstrosity, I think it will have to go in the boys' bedroom. But, hey, we are now the proud owners of a train set and we are feeling like quite the crafty parents.
1 comment:
Train sets lead to madness!
Congrats and my compliments....
Best solution is ceiling eye hooks and pullies lowering it slowly most of the time.
Enjoy the crashes!
Can't wait----
pretty enthused,
poppy
Post a Comment