Monday, March 1, 2010

Saint Joseph's Soup

Matt went to an academic conference that was held at a Benedictine monastery in Missouri over the weekend. He came home with this cookbook written by a monk for me. Tonight we made St. Joseph's Soup. It was really good, although the recipe called for tomatoes which I'm pretty sure St. Joseph never ate since they are a New World food. I don't know why we don't make more soup. It's so easy and the kids really like it, so now we've decided to make a new soup each week. Upcoming recipes include St. Scholastica's Soup, St. Anthony's Soup and St. Lobia's Beer and Mushroom Soup.

3 comments:

sharleen.2cupsofcoffee said...

We have soup night once a week, the night I have yoga. I can make it early and it can sit all day and still be good and we can eat as we get in. Have fun trying your new recipes!

Anonymous said...

Want runkel's reck?
It's not that great but we have a freezer full....
Makes for strong boys---
poppy

constance said...

LOL!!! :-)