
In January of 2010, Luke wrote a story . Today he wrote another one. It's amazing how much he's progressed in less than a year. He didn't ask for any help, he just walked into the kitchen with it complete and asked Matt to read it. Have I ever mentioned that Matt and I both minored in Latin Palaeography (a.k.a. how to read medieval handwriting) in grad school? Thus, we can provide both a transcription and a translation.
Transcription: Pedr hrd a werd soud it wus the lisrd Spidrman smact the lisrd the pls kam an the lisrd got kapchrd.
Translation: Peter heard a weird sound. It was the Lizard. Spiderman smacked the Lizard. The police came and the Lizard got captured.
2 comments:
Medieval handwriting and teaching kindergarten must be the same. I had no problems reading the story even before the translation. Great job Luke!!!
Awesome! I love how you compared to reading medieval writing to reading your kindergartner's! I am so using that!
~Cheryl
Post a Comment