Sunday, April 17, 2011
Tournament in Newcomerstown
I took Luke to another martial arts tournament yesterday. This one was in Newcomerstown, OH, which is officially the middle of nowhere. The drive would have been beautiful if it wasn't pouring rain and windy. I took Luke by myself because Matt had to stay home to run Michael's tee ball and he kept Justin with him, too. I couldn't keep up with Master Circle and the other caravaners, but we found our way and actually beat the rest of the group because they missed a turn (served them right for going too fast!).
This is Makayla. She's 13 and a black belt. She performed a sword routine and won her division.
Vili is also 13 and a black belt. She lost to Makayla yesterday, but she still did really well. Both girls do martial arts with their dads (which is really cute, I think) and are on the Demo Team with Luke.
Trophies! Luke won forms and sparring and got second in weapons. Because there were only three of them, the organizers didn't name a grand champion. He said something about mailing them all plaques, but I don't think he got our address and really, Luke got plenty of hardware. Did I mention the organizer owns a trophy shop on the side?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
love a good long pic heavy post! I know they are a drag to put up, but LOVE them!!!
Glad you got to go and actually watch instead of chase/entertain. Looks like Luke is awesome!
Post a Comment