Tuesday, December 16, 2008

How big is a blog?

Well, if I had remembered to take a picture of it, I could show you. The blog printing process was thoroughly frustrating for my husband. We went through many cartridges of ink and about 100 pages of photo paper. Add spiral binding and priority shipping and my Grandpa S.T. 's "simple" 102nd birthday gift quickly became the most complicated and expensive of the season--at least on my side of the family. But that's ok. I love my Grandpa. He just sent the four of us $10 each for xmas with express instructions that it be spent at Kmart. My dad managed a Kmart for nearly 30 years and since he died, I can hardly bring myself to go in one as I harbor quite a bit of resentment towards the company. But Grandpa is more open-hearted than I am, so today we made the pilgrimage across town to Kmart, stopping on the way to mail Grandpa his hard copy of the blog. Hope he enjoys it. This picture is from his 100th birthday celebration two years ago--I was pregnant with Michael at the time.

1 comment:

MomMom said...

He looks like a dear man.
I am now petrified of printing the blog. That had always been my intention. To make it his Baby book. Sounds big & expensive!!!
Kudos to you :)
A