Saturday, August 21, 2010

Deja Vu

Tonight we were reading a book that had a picture of a hippo in it. Michael said that he would like a stuffed hippo. I reminded him that he already had one. He said "No. One with four feet." I might have gotten into an argument with him about the fact that his hippo indeed has four feet if I hadn't had this exact conversation with Luke when he was 3-years-old. With Luke, it was a cat. Luke didn't like that his stuffed cat was sitting up teddy-bear-style (as is Michael's hippo) and he wanted one that "stood on all four legs." Apparently, sitting animals are unacceptable to 3-year-olds. Michael actually gave his sitting hippo to Luke to sleep with (five-year-olds no longer seem bothered by them) and instead went to bed with the book open to the picture of the "four foot hippo."

3 comments:

Mom2BeautifulGirl said...

I can't wait to see if Matthew and I have the same exact conversations as Jennie and I. I wonder if the boy/girl difference will make a huge difference?

tomandcheryl said...

Oh my gosh. This is one of my favorite posts ever. I know frustrating for you but so cool. I love that he did that. and they were the same age...too weird.
~Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! great post!!
A