Monday, February 14, 2011

Driving Home

So driving to pick up my kid every day is definitely not as easy as if he took a bus, but if I didn't drive him, then I would miss out on our car conversations. Here are some of the choice conversation bits from today's drive home. You can tell Luke was on a bit of a sugar high from Valentine's:

Luke: Why is the Veggie Tales Wizard of Oz different from the real one?
Me: Because Veggie Tales is trying to teach a lesson. It's teaching that you should obey your parents, but that no matter what you do, your mom and dad will always love you.
Luke: Mom, that's something I need to work on. Knowing that you love me even if I'm bad.
Me: You think when you get in trouble and we move your magnet that we don't love you?
Luke: Yeah, isn't that weird?

Luke: Jesus is the Messiah. We were all Jews before we were Christians.
Michael: I like lemonade.

Me: Luke, did you get any girly valentines?
Luke: Yes, I got some princess ones.
Michael: Why do girls like princesses so much?

Luke: (going through his valentines) Oh look, this one is from Audrey. She's such a sweet girl.

And there was also a lively debate over which is the best: gummy bears, worms or fish.

Can't wait until Justin can join in the conversation . . .or maybe I can.

2 comments:

sharleen.2cupsofcoffee said...

How nice that you have the opportunity to talk about the day. You should journal these moments, they're precious.

Anonymous said...

These little guys are simply the most fascinating characters i have ever met!! I have a few close pals who do not have grandkids and they must think i am looney-tunes when i try to share these stories with them over coffee. What funny little men.

Nan