I feel like the Fates have been conspiring against me, not letting me blog. My computer keeps crashing. I lost the camera (now found). Our a/c is out, so sitting around our hot living room on the computer is unpleasant. And Justin is sick. And every time I sit down, there is another kid crisis.
But, man, we had an amazing time this past weekend. Sharleen, Eli and Sadie came to stay with us. We hadn't seen them in two years. The kids fell right back in together even though Michael and Sadie were teeny tiny when the Sperles moved to Minnesota. The kids all slept (or didn't sleep) on the floor of the boys' room. Every morning they got up and hung out with Matt and then we were off on some wild adventure.
Catching fireflies the first night.
Then, off to the Birthday Bash in Johnstown.
Year 6 of the EBC Kids!
Next Day, at the zoo, making friends with a flamingo.
And trying to get everyone in one picture (almost did it, missing Lola!)
And there was more! I wish I had more pictures, but I misplaced the camera while I was packing up to come home from the Birthday Bash and didn't find it until today and I didn't get any good shots with my phone or bloggie. I will post pictures of our day at the park and Audobon Center once someone else does, so I can steal them! And I'm hoping Sharleen got some of our kiddos just hanging out.
I just don't feel like any blog post could do justice to the great time we had. The kids were great. The days were great. The evenings were especially great--catching up with Sharleen on our own a couple of nights, with Cheryl one night and then with most of the moms at a MNO (thanks to Matt for watching all of the kids). It was just a spectacular visit and I am so happy that the Sperles made the trip to come see us! I hope they do it again and we will need to come their way one of these summers, too.
1 comment:
Love it!!!! Whoever could yopu mean though???? :P)
Post a Comment