Hard to blog from a thousand miles away. I'm here in Colorado grading World History AP exams. I'm not allowed to blog about the process or the questions, but I can say that I've been reading hundreds of essays that have something to do with Aztecs and Mongols. I think I need reading glasses. And there's a reason why I've never had an office job.
I admit that I was looking forward to having a few days away with no one to take care of except myself, but I was totally over that by Day 3. At least I got to see my mom and stepdad, which was nice. We had a great meal at a Mexican restaurant with good margaritas, so that was really good. But now I'm just missing Matt and the boys and feeling guilty about what I've missed and everything that Matt has had to juggle by himself this week. I hate that we need this crappy paycheck so bad, but we just spent on the minivan pretty much exactly what I will make here. The good news is that tomorrow is the last day of grading and I will be home on Thursday.
I will try to get over the fact that there won't be a Last Day of Kindergarten post because I wasn't there. It may take a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment