Saturday, August 22, 2009

Performance Art Camp

This week, Luke attended Performance Art Camp with some of his friends. After a failed attempt at Vacation Bible School, I was hoping that this would be more Luke's speed. It was. He LOVED it. He spent the week dressing up in costumes, dancing, telling stories, doing superhero moves and exploring his own Lukeness. These pictures are from Friday evening's "sharing" performance.




The director of the camp was Heidi, a mom from Luke's school. She's an artist and held the camp at her house in Clintonville. She even built the stage in her front yard.



Luke enjoying a pre-show snack in costume.


Luke joking around with the muscial accompaniment.


Showtime . . .Luke popped out of the trap door and introduced himself as "Power Ranger Ziggy."



Then he showed off his Power Ranger moves on stage.


Meanwhile, Michael played in the yard and colored himself with markers.


Luke's friend Alison was a Lollipop Fairy.


Alison's brother Charlie got into the act. I couldn't get a picture of the funniest part when Charlie snuck into the house, found a large pirate ship toy and began to quietly push it across the stage through the crowd of dancing children. His mom and I almost hurt ourselves laughing.

I didn't get any good pictures of my friend Diane's two older kids, but I got a good one of her one on the way--in costume, no less.

2 comments:

allanya said...

It looks like he had a blast. Dublin Rec does a Toddler Theater. I don't think you have to sign up in advance, you just drop in on the date that works.

Anonymous said...

NOW THIS IS LUKE!!! Irish step dancing aside, i think this is his true metier. Luke, The Performer.

Nan