Saturday, August 1, 2009
Whew! What a trip!
Well, we're back from a two week vacation out west. It was an amazing experience. I'm going to break it down into several posts, but I'll just post a few thoughts here. The kids were great. They did awesome on the airplanes and endured two very long days in the car. They slept good and ate well for most of the trip, although I don't want to see a restaurant again for quite some time! The boys shared a room in Boulder and loved it, which is good because we'd like to move them into bunk beds sometime this year. Luke mastered the fireman's pole on several playgrounds. He also decided that he doesn't need the little potty or potty topper at all any more and he has been dry at night for the last week! We found out Michael can talk as much or more than Luke--he jabbered for eleven hours straight in the car one day. And Michael also had quite the adventure falling into the hotel pool in El Paso, but he was quickly fished out by his panicked parents. I got to see Luke and Michael play at the same park where I used to play when I was a little girl. We saw wild western thunderstorms and ate sopapillas. But the best part was spending time with Poppy and Nan, Grandma Carole and Grandpa S.T. Thank you, my wonderful family, for making this trip possible!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment