Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

It has been such a cold and wet spring!  We had a very busy day planned yesterday, but Michael's tee ball game and Luke's martial arts performance were both cancelled because of the rain. So, the only thing we did was go to a First Communion party for the son of one of our ODU colleagues. This is one of many less-than-stellar photos of me and the boys on our way to the party, but at least you can see my new bangs!

I woke up this morning to Michael throwing my Mother's Day gift into my bed. It was a pillow pet to keep me company on my upcoming trip! I also got a new coffee maker and a camp chair. We went to church and the Sunday School classes sang. I can never get decent pictures in the church, but we could hear Michael over all the other kids! Then we went to the zoo where it was finally warm and sunny!

Justin exploring the "bug" playground.

Feeding the lorikeets.

Petting an alligator.


Then we came home and played in the backyard and grilled for dinner. It was a great Mother's Day!

4 comments:

tomandcheryl said...

You look like a teenager!
Sounds like a great mother's day. I love that the kids got you a pillow pet!
~Cheryl

sharleen.2cupsofcoffee said...

Love the bangs!

Mom2BeautifulGirl said...

I do love your hair. I also thinks is sweet they got you pillow pet.

Glad you enjoyed the day.

MomMom said...

How are you liking the bangs?