Friday, June 17, 2011

Tiny Hawk

 This week was Michael's Skyhawks Sports Camp. Attending the camp was his birthday gift from Poppy and Nan. I had to choose between registering him for the 4-7 yr. old half day Mini Hawk camp or the 3-4 year old one hour Tiny Hawk camp. I decided to go with Tiny Hawks because I remembered Luke breaking down at age 4 and not being able to handle a 3 hour camp (we dropped out of VBS after 2 days). Good call. Michael enjoyed the camp and had lots of fun, but he was totally DONE by the end of one hour. Oh my goodness, there were so many tantrums and breakdowns and kids who wouldn't leave their mommies. It was a riot. But Michael loved the small basketball hoops and soccer goals and playing "What time is it, Mr. Fox?"



At the end of camp today, Michael got a certificate. He was very proud because he knows Luke gets certificates at martial arts.

Luke, Justin and I spent the week hanging out at the park. Daddy was able to join us a couple of days. Justin loved wandering through the parking lot. Luke and I especially enjoyed watching my friend Cheryl's daughter, Daniela at the other end of the park. She was attending the "real" all day SkyHawks camp. She looked like she might have been the youngest at her camp and she was the only girl! Every time I looked over, she was kicking a goal or making a basket wearing her pink sunhat and sunglasses.  She totally rocked. I didn't get a picture of her, but I'm sure there are some up on her mommy's blog! 

1 comment:

tomandcheryl said...

Oh, that warmed my heart to hear about her from you! Thanks!
Michael is so cute. You can tell how proud he is of his certificate! Good job Michael!!!
~Cheryl