Saturday, November 12, 2011

Walk-a-thon or not

This is supposed to be a post about the walk-a-thon at Luke's school in honor of Veterens Day. I rushed to drop Michael at preschool, dashed down to IC, threw Justin in the stroller and ran to the office. I was assigned to help the kindergarteners--I guess there were too many first grade volunteers and not enough K volunteers. We started walking right away, we went around the block. It took 10 minutes. Then the kindergarteners peeled off and went back to the classroom--they were done! So another first grade mom and I waited for our kids and walked with them for less than 2 minutes until they peeled off and returned to the big building-they were done, too! I don't think they got the whole "thon" part of walk-a-thon.  Seriously, I checked in at 1pm and I checked out at 1:23pm. I didn't even get a chance to take a picture. So I took Justin to the park and took pictures of him and his puppy blanket (one of his puppy blankets) instead!






2 comments:

tomandcheryl said...

Ha! They didn't get the "thon" part of walk-a-thon! I love it!
~Cheryl

allanya said...

Cute pictures of Justin though. I haven't volunteered at our walk-a-thon yet. They do it at the track I think.