This is a crazy holiday weekend. Not everything has gone exactly to plan so far, but such is life. The tree lighting ceremony at ODU last night was cancelled due to the unexpected death of a faculty member. We found out after we were already on campus, so we rerouted up to Easton to see the lights where we ran into every person in Columbus. Luke and Michael liked goofing off by the tree. Justin liked the trains.
Then this afternoon, we made our way up to Sunbury for the Koguryo Christmas parade and a Black Tigers Demo. Since we just had a Luke martial arts post, I mainly took pictures of Michael. I hadn't intended on Michael marching in the parade, but he decided that he wanted to and, since he has the uniform anyway, he was more than welcome. Actually, Matt, Justin and I ended up marching, too. Someday, I'd like to just watch a parade again!
Here a few of the kids are waiting to line up. Michael was having so much fun. His hat was a gift from Poppy and Nan and made him look super cool! Especially when you add a pinkish glow necklace.
Master Circle gave all of the kids tiny battery candles to carry since it was a Christmas Lights parade. Michael was a riot showing the candle and his light stick necklace to everyone like it was something miraculous. Luke and his friend James spent the whole time scrounging for dropped candy.
And Justin rode and kicked off his shoes over and over. When he got out of the stroller, he ran around the Sunbury Koguryo location yelling "hi-yah" and doing karate kicks. I think some of the people thought he was part of the demo. The studio up there is small and kind of awkward, so I didn't even see Luke's performance. We stayed way out in the lobby so members of the public could see the demo, but it seems like Luke did a good job.
Unfortunately, we had to miss the EBC Christmas party for this event. And tomorrow we are overbooked with church and ODU events. Such is the holidays.
1 comment:
Looks like a fun weekend. Monkey Michael is awesome!
Post a Comment