I have no business posting photos of other people's children when I don't have permission from the parents, but both of these were on the martial arts page on FB, so they were kind of out there anyway. And I won't post her name. This young lady M is 13 and is on the demo team with Luke. They did some tournaments together last spring and were in summer camp together, too. That's where this picture was taken. Then she took the fall off to do marching band.
She reemerged tonight looking like this:
Holy crap, what happened? I was talking to her dad and stepmom who said M got her braces off last week and that, all of sudden, she just, well, turned into this stunning young woman! I can't tell you how much I love seeing teenagers emerge from their "under construction" phase (hence the post featuring a near stranger!). This happened with the teenaged girl across the street a couple of years ago and I think I started crying--yes, I am just that lame. BTW, this is NOT the 13-year-old who I am friends with on FB who drives me nuts with her posts. That's Vili, who is in the Black Tigers shots below next to M. I know Vili and her dad better, so I feel more comfortable posting about her. Vili took this picture of M.On this theme, we have a new scanner, I keep meaning to scan pictures of the flower girls in my wedding who are now 16 and 17.


No comments:
Post a Comment