Thursday, August 11, 2011

Swim Lessons 2011

We just completed Luke's third year of swimming lessons at Highlands Pool in Westerville.  Luke has always had a hard time in the water. He was terrified of putting his face in for years and has always struggled with the lessons. This year, though, something clicked and he suddenly was super excited about learning how to swim. It was hard juggling Luke, Michael and Justin at the pool each day, so I didn't get to watch much. I was shocked earlier this week when I looked over and saw Luke swimming unassisted. I was even more shocked today when Luke got a certificate saying that he'd passed Level 2 and could move on to Level 3 next year! He looks mad in this picture, but he just wanted to get back in the water.

Michael didn't pass Level 1 again this year, but he made progress. As soon as he'll put his entire head under water, then he'll be able to move on. Luke did this when he was 5, so I imagine we may have another year before Michael will do it. But he loved his lessons and his teachers. Here he is going down the slide today. The new Highlands Pool is really nice, btw.



5 comments:

tomandcheryl said...

I totally thought he was going to make some huge splash at the end of that video. So glad Luke moved on...awesome!
~Cheryl

Mom2BeautifulGirl said...

Way to go Luke! Keep up the great work.

MomMom said...

Cool Guys!!!!!

constance said...

awesome!!!
Abigail started her first swimming lesson once a week for the past 6 weeks and I was amazed by her progress last week!!!

Unknown said...

WOW! Three years? I feel like a bad Mom...Caleb hasn't had a single lesson!