Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Daddy's Birthday



Today is Matt's 35th birthday! This morning I asked Luke what he wanted to get Daddy for his birthday. He said "a dragon robot with a button you can push." I said, "No, Luke, that's a present for you. This is a present for Daddy. What do you think Daddy might like?" He said, "Daddy needs a blanket." So he got Matt a red blanket. Mommy cried because it was just about the cutest thing ever. The cake is not going to be making the cover of Martha Stewart any time soon, but it's what Matt wanted: frosted angel food cake with Smarties on top. In Canada, Smarties are like M&Ms only in the full rainbow of colors, Matt had to make do with M&Ms because they don't sell them here. By the way, if you're wondering, the little tart candies that we call Smarties are called Rockets in Canada. Michael got extra cake because he turned 18 months old on Monday!

3 comments:

MomMom said...

Happy Birthday Matt!!!!!
Cool Blanket!
Looks like you had a fantastic day,
A

~heather~ said...

I'm glad you clarified the Smarties-I was thinking that cake sounded disgusting with "our" smarties on top!

Hope he had a great day!

~heather~ said...

I'm glad you clarified the Smarties-I was thinking that cake sounded disgusting with "our" smarties on top!

Hope he had a great day!