Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lukism of the day

I was a very sensitive kid. I used to cry at the Flintstones and Jetsons if the episode involved Dino or Astro being sad (in fact, I got bit by my terrier one time trying to hug him after an Astro episode). Luke appears to have inherited this. Tonight we were watching the news and a commercial for Ambien (a sleeping pill) came on that featured a rooster walking around by himself in the middle of the night. Next thing I know, Luke is crying:

Luke:"Why is the rooster awake in the middle of the night?"
Me: "I don't know. He's just out for a walk."
Luke: "But he's all by himself!"
Me: "Maybe he can't sleep and just needs a little walk to get tired."
Luke:"But he's sad. He needs to go home with the other roosters!"
Me: "I'm sure he's on his way home. The other roosters will wait for him."

No comments: