Thursday, August 25, 2011

First Day of First Grade!

Oh my goodness, how can it be that Luke started First Grade yesterday? I don't have as many pictures as I'd like because it was thunderstorming in the morning. I had hoped to have the whole family take Luke to school, but with the storm, I figured they'd line up in the gym and it would be too crowded for all of us. By the time I realized the rain was letting up, it was too late to get Michael and Justin ready. It was still drippy and yucky when Matt and Luke left, so none of the pictures outside the house look any good. Luckily, Matt took a couple at school with his phone. Here he is about to go in with his Spongebob Squarepants backpack and lunchbox.
 He has the new teacher, Mrs. Hansberry. Matt met her first and said she makes Mrs. Liu, Luke's 26-yr-old, K teacher look "old." I didn't believe him until I met her after school. Yep. Very young, but very enthusiastic and very sweet. He sits at a big table. He was very excited that his friend Max sits across from him. There were 2 K's last year and there are 2 First Grades, so Luke is in class with about half the kids from last year and he knows most of the others from Sunday School .
Luke came home happy and more cooperative than he's been in weeks. He said "I love First Grade! It's amazing!" He really needed to get back into the routine and away from mom and dad. And as long as we are talking about First Grade . . .
Here I am in First Grade with Sister Denise at Holy Trinity. This is probably the end of First Grade, not the beginning because we moved to Colorado halfway through the year and I went to the public school for a few weeks before my mom found Holy Trinity. That was such a hard year for me, I went to three different schools and I was so terribly shy, but my mom always said that I settled in really well once I got to Holy Trinity and that I loved Sister Denise. I hope Luke loves his teacher and has a great year!

2 comments:

allanya said...

I can't see the backpack, the way you've described it is so funny. Cute picture of you!

MomMom said...

That granny apron on her is amazing. I need to get sewing :P)
Hope he has a great year!!