Luke doesn't want to let go of Halloween. He loves things that are scary. While he was at school on Monday, I found a book about monsters at the library and checked it out for him. He was looking at it on the way home and I heard him say: V-A-M-P-I-R-E-S. Then he sounded out the whole word--not totally correct because he doesn't know about long "i"s and silent "e"s, but I was pretty floored considering how long the word is!!
On a related note--the book is really, really scary despite being in the kids' section at the library. It's probably inappropriate for most kids, but Luke totally loves all of the gruesome pictures. He's been cuddling with these icky Halloween rats I bought him and he has a 3 foot plastic skeleton sitting in his room that he won't let us put back into storage. And yet . . .he's terrified of a pink plant on the PBS show Word World and won't watch the "Chichen Itza Pizza" episode of Backyardigans because it's "too scary." Go figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment