Tuesday, November 4, 2008
What a difference!
In 2004, I waited in line for 8 hours to vote. There were only 4 machines for two precincts. I was pregnant with Luke and sick as a dog. Flash forward four years . . . today I was expecting long lines. My polling place was the Aladdins Shrine Center--a large venue, so I figured a huge crowd. Plus, I couldn't get to vote until after my class. I got there at 3:45pm. I lined up behind my neighbor from across the street. She checked right in, I checked right in and then I walked right over to one of about 20 machines. No problemo. In and out in less than 10 minutes. I couldn't stop gushing at the volunteers. Guess Ohio got the message. Let's hope the state swings in the right direction this time--uh, make that the left direction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment